You may have heard Harley riders revving their engines, seen your first robin, and smell your neighbors grilling again. Now it’s time to spruce up your home and yard for the season. Here are some reminders and great ideas to freshen up and get ready for Spring.
- Retire the fireplace: Add interest to the dark space by adding a candle set. For a rustic look, stack wood logs cut side out.
- Lighten up: Swap out your heavy bedding and dark colors to lighter options
- Revive your exterior: Wash or add a fresh coat of paint to your plant pots
- Check concrete for cracks and stains: Cracks should be filled with concrete filler or repaired to avoid further damage. If you have a lot of stains, consider recoloring your concrete with a stain color that compliments your house color to add some curb appeal.
- Bring nature inside: Grow tulips in a vase or plant succulents in brightly colored mugs or bowls
- Prep your lawn: Sprinkle nitrogen-heavy fertilizer after the snow melts to promote your grass to look its best.
- Clean out the gutters: Avoid possible water damage to your home during the rainy season
- Clean or replace air conditioner filters to help your A/C run more efficiently
- Ensure good drainage: Make sure soil slopes away from your foundation walls to help prevent flooding