Here are 8 terrific ways you can increase your home’s value and make your home more attractive to potential buyers when you decide to sell.
- Update or create an inviting office area. With more people working remotely, a home office area is becoming more essential for home buyers these days. Update or create an inviting office area with windows and built in shelving.
- Add a sun room. A wonderful way to add square footage to your home and bring in more natural lighting is by adding a sunroom. Build it on the back of your house for more privacy.
- Renovate or create a master suite. Having a master suite is now expected by most home buyers. Having a nice closet in the master suite is a feature that many home shoppers highly value.
- Remodel the kitchen. Your kitchen could make or break selling your home. When it comes to kitchens, the bigger the better! Adding a kitchen island is a great way to add more counter space and storage.
- Refinish your basement. Another way to add square footage to your home is finishing your basement to add living and entertainment space. Considering adding an amazing bar area with nice seating and finishes to impress your guests and add value to your home.
- Add a nice deck. Outdoor living space is a desirable feature of a home. Size matters when it comes to your deck so be careful to not make it too big or too small.
- Update your siding. Redoing your siding is one of the best improvements to add value to your home. The exterior of your home can set the tone for expectations of the interior.
- Plant a tree. A properly placed tree can help save on your heating and cooling bills. Mature, healthy trees can add value to your home. Think about the tree’s full-grown size and shape before choosing a place to dig as a tree deemed hazardous could actually lower the value of your home.
Check out these 5 DIY Projects to Prep Your Home to Sell.