Gather up your friends and family and host a Labor Day cookout in your backyard! To ensure your summer bash is a hit, here are some ideas and tips to throw a terrific Labor Day party.
- Send out save the dates. Give your guests enough time to add your party into their busy summer schedules.
- Get your yard in shape. Trim the grass, set out flowerpots with colorful flowers, and clean the patio furniture.
- Keep it easy and plan ahead. Aim for an 80/20 mix of cold to hot food that you can prepare ahead of time to minimize last minute cooking. Remember that you don’t have to make everything, after all it’s Labor Day so the less labor the better! Adding in some premade dips or salads is a great option.
- Serve pre-made drinks. To allow more time to relax and socialize instead of bartending, prepare batches of cocktails and nonalcoholic drinks, such as lemonade to have available in beverage dispensers. Make sure to label the beverages and indicate if they have alcohol in them.
- Have fun in the sun and shade. Make sure there are enough shady spots for your guests to escape the sun. If your yard doesn’t have a lot of shade, consider setting up a canopy tent.
- Set up yard games for entertainment. A great way to entertain guests is to set up some yard games such as croquet, badminton, and horseshoes.
- Add festive lighting. Lighting is an easy way to add a charming sparkle to your party when the sun starts to set. Add some lanterns and tiki torches to brighten up your outdoor space.
Check out our other blogs:
- How to Create an Appealing and Practical Home Office
- 8 Ways to Increase Your Home’s Value
- How to Save for a Down Payment on a Home
- 5 DIY Projects to Prep your Home to Sell
- 7 Home Maintenance Tasks You May Have Forgotten To Do
- 4 Pricing Myths Every Seller Should Know
- Freshen Up and Get Ready For Spring
- 5 DIY Home Improvement Projects for Winter