Spring is a beautiful time in Oconomowoc! Being both a Tree City and Bird City, Oconomowoc offers plenty of opportunities to see and hear the signs of Spring. The season is the perfect time of year to get out of the house and enjoy the natural beauty and fun happenings that take place this time of year. Check out our list of 10 things to do this Spring in Oconomowoc.
Please make sure to visit the corresponding business or organizations’ websites that are hosting an event to confirm and view event details.
– Bike or Hike the Lake Country Recreational Trail
A great way to get out and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring in Lake Country is to bike or hike the scenic Lake Country Recreational Trail. Stretching 15 miles, the paved trail runs from Pewaukee, through Delafield, and ends at Roosevelt Park in Oconomowoc.
– Relax out on the boardwalk Downtown Oconomowc.
Grab lunch or a good book and relax out on the boardwalk situated on the shoreline of Fowler Lake.
– Ladies Night Out Downtown Oconomowoc: April 4
Sip and shop through Downtown Oconomowoc and enjoy specials, fun and prizes. One of the many events sponsored by the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association.
– Beer Tapping at Brewfinity Brewing: April 6
Join Brewfinity and Charitable Hops as they celebrate the 2018 Charitable Hops Contest Winner, Mark Dufek and his American Pale Ale “Da Crusher”. Proceeds from the sale of his ale and $1 from all other Brewfinity tap beer sold that night will be donated to Silver Streak, a nonprofit transportation service.
– Hit up a HUGE Rummage Sale: April 13
The annual HUGE Rummage Sale at First Congregational UCC in Oconomowoc takes place mid April. From furniture to collectables, you’ll be able to find something for everyone there.
– Take the Historic Walking Tour around Fowler Lake
Pick up a brochure at the Oconomowoc Realty office or at City Hall which has a map and brief history about each landmark. Glimpse into the history of Oconomowoc when it was known as the “Newport of the West”.
– Oconomowoc Chamber Orchestra Spring Concert: April 14
With the 2019 Chatfield Award Presentation, the Oconomowoc Community Choir, and the Silver Lake Singers taking place at the Oconomowoc Arts Center.
– Eat at the Kiltie Drive-In
Once their flags are flying high, you will know that the Kiltie is open for the season! The classic Oconomowoc drive-in is a staple in the community and the perfect place to enjoy a burger and a shake.
– Spring Gallery Night Downtown Oconomowoc: May 3
An Oconomowoc tradition! Enjoy art and music throughout downtown and the downtown stores. Another great event put on by the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association.
– Visit the animals at Concord Zoo- Free admission!
Stop by Concord General Store (Exit 275 off I-94) in Oconomowoc and visit the animals at Concord Zoo.
Admission is free but donations are appreciated.
Suggested Pages for you:
- Freshen up and get your home ready for Spring!
- Prepare for the Spring housing market: Tips to win a bidding war in a hot real estate market
- February 2019 Home Sales Report