Oconomowoc and the Lake Country Area is a great place to be during summer. Here is a list of kid friendly activities and community events taking place throughout the summer season. Please make sure to visit the corresponding business or organizations’ websites that are hosting an event to confirm and view event details.
- Visit Dirty Kettle at Concord General Store. Dirty Kettle, a fur-trading, mountain man will be at Concord General Store 4 weekends this summer to showcase the ways and traditions of the Plains Indians and Mountain Men of the 1800’s. Visit his 16’ teepee and other items to transport back in time. (Summer dates: May 31-June 2, July 28-30, Aug 2-4 and Sept 6-8). While you’re there, stop at the free Concord Zoo to feed some animals.
- Moon Lit Movies. A classic summer event in Oconomowoc that is free and family friendly. Watch a movie at dusk twice this summer at Fowler Park (June 13 and July 11) and once Downtown Oconomowoc (August 15) when they close off Wisconsin Avenue. Come early for kid activities, bounce houses, and to catch the Badgerland Water Ski Show on Fowler Lake.
- Tour the Oconomowoc Area Historical Museum. The perfect place for kids (and adults) to learn more about Oconomowoc’s interesting history.
- Imagination Station at Roosevelt Park. A universally accessible playground in Oconomowoc, located along the Lake Country Bike Trail. The unique playground incorporates the history and culture of Oconomowoc.
- Rent a Water Craft at City Beach.
Get out on Lake La Belle by renting a watercraft at City Beach such as a canoe, kayak, paddleboard or paddle boat.
- Independence Day Celebration. Watch the Independence Day parade that travels from Roosevelt park through downtown Oconomowoc before the fireworks show over Fowler Lake on June 29.
- Magic Show at Summer Stage of Delafield. Get your tickets to watch a magic show on July 6 at the outdoor Summer Stage of Delafield at Lapham Peak State Park.
- Dousman Derby Days. The event features the famous frog jumping championship, parade, music, food, carnival, and soft ball tournament and is taking place July 26-28.
- Visit Honey Acres in Ashippun. Learn about the history of bee keeping by visiting the free honey museum at Honey Acres. The family owned and operated business was established in 1852.
- Kids Fest at Roosevelt Park. Enjoy games, arts and crafts, inflatables and entertainment at Roosevelt Park on August 13.
- Kids Day at City Beach.Have a fun day at the beach with kid activities, games, and a sand castle building contest on August 13.
- Festival of the Arts at Fowler Park. Enjoy art, food and family entertainment at the festival taking going on August 17-18.