Selling Tips: How to Prepare Your Home
It can be daunting to begin preparing your home for sale. What is important to do and what’s not? What should be your first step? How do you make sure it all goes smoothly without losing your mind? Never fear, with these simple & straight-forward selling tips–your home will be well-prepared to wow the first buyer who enters the home.
- Highlight focal points. Attract buyers’ eyes to the features of your home that are special. Bright colored pillows can get your window seat noticed. An attractive plant on the mantle can highlight your fireplace.
- Re-grout/re-caulk bathrooms and kitchens. Doing so will give these rooms a cleaner appearance.
- Small home improvement projects. Replace old light fixtures, faucets, light switches, and hinges. These little fixes can make a big difference in the overall vibe of a room
- De clutter. Clutter, especially messy closets, can give buyers the impression that there is not enough storage space. Consider using a storage unit to store some of your belongings.
- Add curb appeal. Give a great first impression as you only have 1 chance. Do things such giving your mailbox a makeover, spreading fresh mulch and hanging new address numbers.
Once these steps are all completed, ensure that your home sale is in good hands by hiring on a qualified agent. Check out the About Us page to meet our team of agents, with a combined 30+ years of experience in residential and commercial real estate transactions.